The conference will be held at the Rosen Plaza Hotel, Orlando, Florida
The hotel address is:
Rosen Plaza Hotel
9700 International Dr.
Orlando, FL 32819
To find out more about the hotel or to reserve a room, click here.
Poster Presentation Instructions
- The size of the poster should be no larger than 5’6” across and 3’6” tall. And should be in landscape formatting. (Metric conversion: 1.68 meters across and 1.0668 meters tall)
- Posters will be presented in Ballroom D of the Rosen Plaza Hotel
- You should hang your poster starting Wednesday, March 11th at 12 noon, but no later than Thursday, March 12th at 7:30am
- Presenters will receive a poster board number at registration. Please hang your poster on the assigned board.
- Tacks will be provided to hang your poster
- All posters must remain up for the entire conference
- Presenters are expected to stand by their poster to answer questions during their assigned poster session
- Posters should be removed on Saturday, March 14th no later than 11 am
- Our Suggestions when making a poster:
- Try not to present too much material such that your poster appears cluttered.
- All printing should be legible from 3 ft (1 meter) away. Usually titles are in a larger font than the rest of the text.
- Be sure to label and X and Y axis on graphs and provide figure legends for each figure
- Arrange the information so that it is presented in a manner that is clear and practical. Frequently the sections included are: Abstract, Background, Methods, Results, and Conclusions
Conference attendees should plan to fly into Orlando International Airport (MCO). Transportation to and from the airport is available by taxi or airport shuttle. Rental cars are available at the airport and can be arranged by the attendee at his/her own expense. Please note overnight conference attendees will receive discounted parking fees.
Rosen Plaza discounted overnight parking fee (for hotel guests only during meeting dates): $10
From Orlando International Airport
Distance to hotel: 13.2 miles
Drive time: 20 minutes
Directions: From the airport head north on access road (Jeff Fuqua Blvd). Keep left to continue on S. Semoran Blvd. Take ramp onto FL-528 W (toll road). Take this road for approximately 10 miles. Take exit 1 for International Dr. Turn right onto International Dr., Turn left onto Pointe Plaza Ave and continue into the Rosen Plaza Hotel parking lot.
Airport Shuttle Service:
$22.00 - one way
Advanced reservations suggested: https://reserve.mearstransportation.com/#/shuttle
Select from the taxi services at the airport: https://www.orlandoairports.net/parking-transportation/
Complimentary internet will be available in all hotel lobby areas and guestrooms. To obtain the in-room internet, sign-up for the internet following the instructions included in the hotel’s check in packet. Internet not available in meeting rooms.
The following meals will be provided for all attendees during the conference:
- Welcome reception (Wednesday, March 11)
- Breakfast (March 12-14)
- Lunch (March 12-13)
- Dinner – One Gala dinner sponsored by the Jain Foundation (advanced registration required; see registration page for details). Any attendee that indicates they will be attending the Gala dinner on Thursday, March 12 and does not cancel their reservation by Friday, February 28, will be assessed a no show fee of $80
- Please note: Welcome reception, breakfasts and lunches are open to conference attendees only. Guests may be brought to the Gala dinner for $80 per person (advanced registration required; see registration page for details)
As per feedback from attendees of previous conferences, no Jain Foundation sponsored dinners have been scheduled for the evenings of Wednesday or Friday in order to facilitate the requested interactions among attendees. There are numerous restaurants and shops within walking distance of the hotel. Please explore the links below for more information. The I-Ride trolley runs along International Drive every 20-30 minutes.
Attendees whom the Jain Foundation has agreed to reimburse should save their receipts. No more than the amount determined by the Jain foundation prior to the conference will be reimbursed. The Jain Foundation will reimburse for the following items only:
- Plane ticket – coach class only; no upgrades. Tickets covered by the Jain Foundation must be booked through the approved travel agent and this information will be provided individually to those being reimbursed.
- 1 checked bag per flight.
- Airport shuttle to/from Orlando International and Rosen Plaza Hotel (~ $22-$25 one way)
- Rosen Plaza conference room rate + tax for agreed upon nights
- $13/day self park hotel parking – local attendees only
Please note: The Jain Foundation will not reimburse for any hotel incidentals, taxis, rental cars, overnight parking, travel to/from attendee’s home airport, or meals other than those provided during the conference.