Standard medical exams are being performed at all 6 visits during the 3 year study. The exams consist of:
- Previous medical history including details of onset of disease, etc (1st visit only).
- Basic questions about motor performance and how it has changed over time.
- Recording the medications participants have been taking and whether there have been any changes in these medications since their last visit.
- General medical questions about health including heart, breathing, and stomach issues and/or any recent diagnoses or surgeries.
- Physical examination that includes the following:
- Recording of pulse, blood pressure, temperature, height and weight
- General physical exam, especially looking for signs of muscle issues
- Cardiac exam
- Respiratory exam (e.g. lung function test)
- General neurological exam
- Ear, nose, and throat (ENT) exam
- Abdominal exam
- Skin exam