Apply for Funding: Renewal Guidelines
Instructions for submitting a renewal:
NOTE: The Jain Foundation has a new funding agreement that must be signed for all projects, including renewals.
- Submit a summary of work completed over the previous funding period (this can be a compilation of your previous update summaries).
- Complete the provided cover page.
- Follow the preferred proposal format as outlined in the table of contents of the cover page.
- Include a detailed and aggressive timeline of experiments that will lead to the results of the project, using this sample timeline chart as a template. Proposals without a detailed timeline will not be considered.
- Include a detailed budget covering personnel, materials, and all other costs for the proposed project, followed by justification for each expense, using this budget template form. Proposals without a detailed budget and justification will not be considered.
- An updated resource list documenting new resources to be generated during the renewal, as well as progress towards making previous Jain Foundation funded resources publicly available, is required.
- The renewal proposal should be approximately 5-7 pages (excluding references) to cover the level of detail that we expect. The proposal should briefly discuss:
- Relevant background motivating the question being addressed. As this is a renewal, the background discussion should focused exclusively on any changes in research focus for the coming year.
- The specific aims of the proposal.
- The experimental methodology that will be employed. The experiments should be described in enough detail for us to understand why each step in the experimental plan will require the time stipulated in the timeline.
- Preliminary data supporting the new aims and methodology. This information must be included for the Jain Foundation to assess the feasibility of the proposed project.
- Renewals must be submitted at least 2 months prior to the end of the current funding period to avoid lapses in funding. Please bear this in mind when planning the submission of your renewal, as the Jain Foundation is not responsible for covering gaps that occur in funding.
- Please send renewals to .