Social Media Scholarship
The 2016 LGMD Awareness Scholarship competition has ended.
Eligible students are:
- Current or former high school/college students,
- Between the ages of 17 and 30,
- Enrolled or will be enrolled in some form of higher education (including 2 year colleges, 4 year colleges/universities, graduate schools, law schools, medical schools and vocational schools) at an accredited US institution in 2016.
How to apply:
- Write a post on the Jain Foundation Facebook Scholarship tab or fill out the form above to teach your friends about LGMDs that includes one LGMD fact of your choice. Pictures are optional; you can use a picture from the gallery here with a fact already included on it or you can design your own.
- Ask all of your friends to "Vote", "Like" and share your post on both Facebook and Twitter because the more people who vote for you, the higher your overall score. Please note that only Votes count towards your score.
- Your post will remain available for voting until the Wednesday after you submit it. We recommend you submit your posts on Wednesdays because if you wait until later in the week, your post will not be visible as long.
- Each week, the top 2 scores will be posted on the Jain Foundation website and Facebook page.You may submit a post as often as you want to try to get one of the top overall scores using the same Facebook ID.
- Fill out the full online application form. This application must be filled out once in the 2016 application period. Students with a high number of votes who have not filled out the full application will be notified after the scholarship period ends that their application is incomplete until they fill out the form.
- Posts can be submitted each week on the Jain Foundation Facebook Scholarship tab starting the week of Wednesday, January 6th, 2016 at 12:01 am PST through Wednesday, January 13th, 2016 at 12:00am PST.
- The contest will run for 20 weeks.
- The final week for voting will run from Wednesday, May 18, 2016 through Wednesday, May 25, 2016 at 12:00am PDT.
Winners are selected based on:
- The number of votes received for a single post during a one-week time period.
- The single highest one-week voting score for each applicant will be considered.
- History of academic success.
Winners will be notified by email on or before Friday, June 10th, 2016.
Scholarships will be paid directly to the student's post-secondary institution in late 2016 or early 2017 after the institution has confirmed that the student is enrolled and in good standing.
If you cannot fill out the application online, please download the application pdf and mail it to:
9725 Third Avenue NE, Suite 204
Seattle, Washington 98115