The conference will be held at the InterContinental Houston, Houston, Texas
The hotel address is:
6750 Main St,
Houston, TX 77030
To find out more about the hotel or to reserve a room, click here.
Poster Presentation Instructions
- The size of the poster should be no larger than 5’6” across and 3’6” tall. And should be in landscape formatting. (Metric conversion: 1.68 meters across and 1.0668 meters tall)
- You should hang your poster starting Wednesday, May 8th at 12:00 noon, but no later than Thursday, May 9th at 7:30 am
- Presenters will receive a poster board number at registration. Please hang your poster on the assigned board.
- Tacks will be provided to hang your poster
- All posters must remain up for the entire conference
- Presenters are expected to stand by their poster to answer questions during their assigned poster session
- Posters should be removed on Friday, May 10th no later than 7:00 pm
- Our Suggestions when making a poster:
- Try not to present too much material such that your poster appears cluttered.
- All printing should be legible from 3 ft (1 meter) away. Usually titles are in a larger font than the rest of the text.
- Be sure to label and X and Y axis on graphs and provide figure legends for each figure
- Arrange the information so that it is presented in a manner that is clear and practical. Frequently the sections included are: Abstract, Background, Methods, Results, and Conclusions
Conference attendees should plan to fly into either George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) or the William P. Hobby Airport (HOU). Transportation to and from the airport is available by taxi, UBER, or bus. Rental cars are available at the airport and can be arranged by the attendee at his/her own expense. Please note overnight conference attendees will receive discounted parking fees.
InterContinental Hotel discounted overnight parking fee (for hotel guests only during meeting dates): $18
Travel From Airport:
From George Bush Intercontinental Airport
Distance to hotel: 25.6 miles
Drive time: 36 minutes – 1 hr
From William P. Hobby Airport
Distance to hotel: 13.2 miles
Drive time: 27 minutes – 1 hr
Taxi – $65-$80
Texas Shuttle – 817-403-6196
UBER or Lyft
Complimentary internet will be available in all hotel lobby areas and guestrooms. To obtain the in-room internet, sign-up for the internet following the instructions included in the hotel’s check in packet. Internet is not available in meeting rooms.
The following meals will be provided for all attendees during the conference:
- Welcome reception (Wednesday, May 8)
- Breakfast (May 9-11)
- Lunch (May 9-10)
- Dinner – One Gala dinner sponsored by the Jain Foundation (advanced registration required; see registration page for details). Any attendee that indicates they will be attending the Gala dinner on Friday, May 10 and does not cancel their reservation by April 8, will be assessed a no show fee of $100
- Please note: Welcome reception, breakfasts and lunches are open to conference attendees only. Guests may be brought to the Gala dinner for $100 per person (advanced registration required; see registration page for details)
As per feedback from attendees of previous conferences, no Jain Foundation sponsored dinners have been scheduled for the evenings of Wednesday or Thursday in order to facilitate the requested interactions among attendees. There are numerous restaurants and shops within walking distance of the hotel.
Attendees whom the Jain Foundation has agreed to reimburse should save their receipts. No more than the amount determined by the Jain foundation prior to the conference will be reimbursed. The Jain Foundation will reimburse for the following items only:
- Plane ticket – coach class only; no upgrades. Tickets covered by the Jain Foundation must be booked through the approved travel agent and this information will be provided individually to those being reimbursed.
- 1 checked bag per flight.
- Airport shuttle
- InterContinental Houston conference room rate + tax for agreed upon nights
- $18/day self park hotel parking – local attendees only
Please note: The Jain Foundation will not reimburse for any hotel incidentals, taxis, rental cars, overnight parking, travel to/from attendee’s home airport, or meals other than those provided during the conference.